Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And then there was one...

So, First Tyler then me and now Ethan have been struck with strep throat. Our house has been filled with vomit and fever antibiotics and crying for about two weeks and Preston is the only survivor.
I am happy for him, truly I am. I mean, strep throat as an adult is really painful and I am glad that he doesn't have to experience it... BUT it's pretty unfair. This is the man who eats chocolate for breakfast...I am not joking. He ate Whitman's chocolates for breakfast today. This is a man who will go for months, again this is not a joke, without touching one fruit or vegetable. And he never gets sick. And here I am eating Steel Cut Oats and berries for breakfast, religiously taking my multi- vitamin, and the ONLY vegatable eater or lover in this home and I catch everything. If your neighbor's cousin's wife's professor's dog walker's waitress has strep throat I will have it in 5 minutes easy. And as I sit here holding my 5 year old with a burning fever whose throat hurts like "scratchy and screachy" I am wondering where I went wrong. I am wonderig if maybe chocolates and chips, hot dogs and taquitos, candy bars and cheetos aren't actually miracle foods. Maybe they are the reason my 30 year old husband never gets sick. The reason why in almost 7 years of marriage I have never seen him ill. I am thinking maybe I should try it out...maybe there is some secret I didn't know about where the more junk you eat the skinnier and more healthy you become. If any of you know anything about this secret let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment